A.A.C. Shutdown.Org

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Meet the Contestants of SYTYCD-- Milledgeville Part I



A.A.C. present's SYTYCD-Milledgeville's first four of  eight contestants for this year's inaugural show. Learn about each's background in dance. You can also watch them perform live for a $500 cash prize at 7 p.m. Saturday, March 9, in Magnolia Ballroom.



Alexis French
The 8-year-old hip-hop entertainer has been dancing since age 4. A student of Blandy Hills Elementary School, Alexis spends afterschool hours training at Cultural Connection. “I have attitude when I dance,” said Alexis. “It’s something I really enjoy doing after school.” Alexis dances in support of charity Boys & Girls Clubs of America.




Colin McCabe
The 9-year-old hip-hop dancer has been popping, locking and break dancing since age 4. A student of John Milledge Academy in Milledgeville, Colin enjoys this particular dance genre because it’s fun and requires a lot of energy. He trains at Vibe Dance Center. “All of the us are good,” Colin said. “Hip-hop is popular, so I hope my family and friends enjoy watching me do what I love.” Colin dances in support of charity Susan G. Komen for the Cure.



Brianna Cleveland
The 11-year-old fuses acrobatics and hip-hop for an unforgettable performance. An Oak Hill Middle School student, Brianna trains at Cultural Connection. She has been dancing since age 3 and compares her dance style to musical sensation BeyoncĂ©. “I can make the crowd go ahhhhh,” she said. “I’m a natural entertainer when it comes to performing on stage.” Brianna dances in support of charity Project Hope.
Irene Backstrom
The 18-year-old classical, spiritual, hip-hop and African dancer is a passionate performer, who has trained for the past four years with dance group Godly Steps. Irene is a senior at Baldwin High School. “I dance with a determined attitude and tenacious spirit,” said Irene. “I put my heart and a whole lot of hard work into my dance.” Irene dances in support of charity National Association of the Deaf.


SYTYCD -- Milledgeville is less than a week away. Get your TICKETS today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment